Batting Cage Rules
Batting Cage/ Facility Rules & Regulations
- Hazel Dell Little League is not responsible for any injuries incurred while using this facility.
- No one may enter the Batting Cages without signing a waiver form. Participants under age 18 must also have waivers signed by legal parent or guardian. All participants must have a signed waiver on file (as noted in posted waiver log). The posted waiver log is available for viewing at waiver sign-in station (wooden counter and bulletin board located to the right of the large entry roll-up door). Along with the waiver log, blank waiver forms are available (to be placed within counter lid once completed and prior to entering the cages). It is the responsibility of the coach/manager to assure all participants have a waiver on file.
- All individuals or teams must sign daily log recording each visit. Log is posted at the waiver sign-in station.
- All batters must wear helmets at all times while in cages. Adult coaches within the cages must remain behind protective ‘L’ screens during live pitching, or use of pitching machines. Catchers in the cage will wear full protective gear.
- Only one batter is allowed in a cage at any time.
- No practice swings or swinging of bats allowed outside the cages at any time. This includes hitting ‘soft toss’ outside the nets.
- Spectators or individuals “on-deck” must remain seated at bleacher seating. All individuals must remain 3’-0” back from suspended netting at all times, behind painted warning lines.
- Absolutely no running or horseplay within facility.
- No hitting of hard balls against facility walls or fenced maintenance area. No playing catch in front of roll-up door, whether inside the building or outside.
- ONLY coaches or authorized adults are allowed to operate pitching machines. No balls will be pitched or loaded into pitching machines while balls are retrieved. Pitching machines will be disabled (cut the power) while balls are retrieved.
- Protective netting shall hang freely, draped on the ground, and shall never be pulled back or affixed in any way to cage fencing. Changes or alterations to the cage are prohibited without written authorization from HDLL.
- Please assure that all baseballs are picked up and placed in their proper containers. Leave the cage set-up in the 4-cage configuration for the next scheduled team.
- The batting cages will be cleaned of all HDLL equipment and items returned to storage locker (left of entry door) upon completion of use.
- Practicing teams have the right to “closed” batting cage sessions and may politely request spectators not associated with their respective teams to leave the facility.
- The use of any cage by teams or individuals must be assigned or scheduled through HDLL, prior to use.
- Absolutely no unauthorized persons shall enter the Equipment Room or League Meeting Room/ Office area.
- Liquids are limited to water bottles only (with cap lids). No open mouth cups are allowed in facility. Clean up all spills immediately.
- Sunflower seeds are prohibited in this facility.
- Coaches will assure that all garbage or other waste is picked up and properly disposed of prior to vacating facility. Leave the facility cleaner than you found it!
- Coaches must immediately notify the designated HDLL Facilities Manager or Safety Officer regarding any defective/broken equipment, safety hazards, or unsafe conditions that may exist in this facility.
ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN THE PARTICIPANT’S IMMEDIATE EJECTION FROM THE FACILITY AND MAY ALSO RESULT IN THE LONG-TERM LOSS OF FACILITITES PRIVILEGES.